Benefits and Riders
Riders Riders/supplements are additional benefits of life insurance policies. They can be purchased when applying for the policy or during the life of the policy.
- Accidental Death Benefit: Additional coverage implemented in case of accidental death.
- Temporary Additional Insurance Benefit: Additional coverage for a specific period of time chosen by the customer when applying for the policy. Allows more coverage at a lower cost, and offers a good cost/benefit trade-off.
- Dependent Insurance Benefit/Other Insured: Coverage for an additional insured person within the same policy. In general, this is used for a spouse, minor children, or parents. It allows another person to be insured for a minimum increase in premium.
- Critical Illness Benefit: Additional coverage that is only implemented in case of death due to one of six critical illnesses.Additional coverage that is only implemented in case of death due to one of six critical illnesses.
- Accelerated Benefit for Terminal Illness: A partial advance of coverage – during the life of the insured – in case of a verified terminal illness with a specific prognosis of life expectancy.