Guaranteed Education Plans receive interest during the accumulation phase and a pre-established amount during the benefits period, which do not vary. They are a good option for those who wish to be more cautious and lower the risk in their investment portfolios. As a consequence, the amount of return is lower.
In guaranteed education plans, the amount received under the plan is independent of changes in interest rates or fluctuations in capital markets.
Features and Benefits
|Bi-annual payments for educational purposes.
||Guaranteed payments for educational purposes.
|Helps to plan higher education.
||Fixed payment amount. Not impacted by market fluctuations.
|Amounts in US Dollars.
||Protection against devaluation of local currencies.
|Contributions and periods selected by the customer.
||Flexibility at the time of contracting.
|Period of study selected by the holder, as well as an insurance option which guarantees that if the holder dies, the contributions will be covered by the insurance.
||Death benefit through a life insurance component.
- Planning for your children’s education begins long before they reach the age to start at university.
- As part of the process of planning for education, our customers meet with a financial consultant from StateTrust Life to determine and project how much income they will need to pay for their children’s education, among other things. This way, customers can decide how much to invest in the education plan of their choice.
- Once you have decided on the amount of income available for savings, as well as the estimated costs of education with the assistance of your financial consultant, an outline or plan proposal is drafted for your evaluation and final approval. This sets the plan in motion.
- A StateTrust Life & Annuities consultant will advise you in a timely manner throughout the life of the plan, to help you take appropriate actions in case of changes.
- When your child begins their higher education, (or has reached the age to start college), you will begin receiving a bi-annual income to cover expenses during the number of years you have selected.
These plans provide an option to include full insurance in your children’s education savings plan, which goes into effect at the time of death of the insured and before the benefit payment period starts.