This notification is made with the purpose of executing the plan to have benefits disbursed. The casualty claim process includes the following steps:
- Beneficiaries notify StateTrust Life of the event in writing or by phone.
- StateTrust Life and Annuities contacts beneficiaries to inform them of the required documentation:
- Casualty claim form.
- Death certificate, translated into English. (The British Embassy should certify that the translation is a faithful copy of the original document.)
- Copy of newspaper obituaries, if available.
- Cemetery (burial) certificate or a certificate from the crematorium.
- Copy of personal identity document or passport of the deceased. Identity documents for each one of the beneficiaries.